Saturday, November 6, 2010

GINGERBREAD LATTE'S MAKE ME HAPPY!!!

So for all those who truly know me have come to understand that I not only "like" starbucks but I am truly, unimaginably, unconditionally in love with it. My favorite next to that 5 shot espresso would be the holiday drinks. And I think most will agree that the holiday season officially begins when the gingerbread latte's are on the menu!


Simply obsessed with this drink, I tried making the syrup myself and OMG, I can now have my very own latte 24/7!!!

Want to make your own? Here is the recipe:
Gingerbread Syrup:

  • 1 1/2 cups of water
  • 1 cup of sugar (or xylitol if you prefer)
  • 2t of ground ginger
  • 1/4t of ground cinnamon
  • 1/4t of pure vanilla extract
Combine all of the ingredients into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Mix occasionally. 

Once it boils, reduce the heat and let it simmer uncovered for 20-22 minutes. Don't worry if it seems thin, it will thicken once it cools. 

When done, pour into a melt proof container and let it cool down. 

Add to your cup of iced or hot latte/coffee based upon your preference - I used 1 and a half tablespoons but I LOVE it really spiced.
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment